Rae dropped this link on me with this accompanying description from The Awl: “What if you took Hercules and Love Affair and made it gayer, and made it happen in Leipzig, as an homage to Klaus Nomi, RIP?” How could I not click over? A Chicago outfit conceived as an homage to Klaus Nomi, all gay German space disco about banging spaceships and stuff and it’s so unreasonably amazing. Also, there’s a cover of “Holiday in Cambodia” by the Dead Kennedys. If you’ve ever wanted to smile, check out their MySpace.
Dec 10 2009
Tagsalbums arcade fire autolux bamboozle beck belle & sebastian best of the 00s best of the year bloc party bowery ballroom businessing coachella cobra starship coldplay empires fall out boy festivals first listen foxy shazam franz ferdinand gaslight anthem goodbooks grammys green day jimmy eat world killers kings of leon libertines Lincoln Hall list liveblog lollapalooza manchester orchestra metric motion city soundtrack new stuff panic at the disco patrick stump rolling stone scissor sisters terminal 5 the studio the used wellmont what i'm listening to
- Anonymous on Grammy Nominations are out! It’s like a confusing, disappointing Christmas!
- Katie H. on Grammy Nominations are out! It’s like a confusing, disappointing Christmas!
- Ruth on Grammy Nominations are out! It’s like a confusing, disappointing Christmas!
- lanie on Patrick Stump, Rockie Fresh, and Mark Rose: 11-11-11
- Katie on Motion City Soundtrack in Detroit, 9.23.11